7.08.2005

Why?

Another day, another terrorist attack. Now, all the facts and all the analyses are not yet in, so I’m going to make some leaps of logic here, so please bear with me.
The terrorist bombings in London appear to be timed to coincide with the G-8 Summit. Now the G-8 and its push for globalization have stirred up protests and violence before, but this time the focus of the summit was poverty and AIDS in Africa. There’s a serious chance of getting everyone on board and addressing these crucial issues, so I don’t understand the protests this time around. Can’t we all agree ending poverty and AIDS is a good thing? But now I wonder if the focus of the summit will now be switched to terrorism. I have a feeling Africa will again draw the shortest straw. I know I will be called a traitor for saying so, but some of the reasons given for previous terrorists attacks are valid (NOTE: I AM SAYING THE COMPLAINTS ARE VALID, NOT THE RESPONSE). But this I do not get no matter how hard I try. I can only deduce that the terrorists hate Africa.
UPDATE: Apparently Fox News is glad this happened to take the focus off of Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment