10.13.2005

Homicide, Heat, & Raisins

Everyone bags on Fresno but me. I love Fresno. Went to college there and stuck around for a couple more years, I liked it so much. The people tend to be modest. They know they come from a shitty town, and they accept it, unlike people in Sacramento who act like they live in some great city and pretend they are in “the Bay Area”. The Bay Area doesn’t want you, Sacramento. You’re Fresno on steroids, so lose the attitude.

But even I know Fresno has many problems. I just didn’t know they were this bad:
Fresno, Calif., nestled among the country’s highest-grossing agricultural fields, has the nation’s highest concentration of residents isolated in extremely poor neighborhoods, according to a study released Wednesday by the Brookings Institution.


No comments:

Post a Comment