10.29.2005

Whitey Will Complain

This is the latest stupid chain "outrage email" I received.
Yesterday, I was shopping for my mother in Dillard’s at Lakeline Mall in Austin, TX. I admired a suit, but it was too expensive for me to purchase. You can imagine my shock when I witness the suit being purchased by a Katrina “refugee” using the government-issued debit card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought certainly there must be controls on these debit cards that would preclude recipients from using the money to purchase items other taxpayers cannot afford, but I was mistaken. I heard the sales clerk call the Dillard’s business office and confirm that the “American Red Cross Debit Card” could be used for the woman’s purchase. After the transaction was completed, I asked the sales clerk to confirm this and she did.

Now, when these debit cards that we the taxpayers provided are used up, what will happen? Will you give them even more of our money to purchase items the taxpayers cannot afford? I already know the answer. Based on the social welfare system that exists in our country, you will just give them more money. This system does not pass the “is this right?” test. You have hard-working, tax-paying citizens who worry every month whether they’ll make it financially. And, you take their earnings and “re-distribute” it to others who do not work but wear better clothes, drive newer cars and have manicures, cell phones, and designer handbags. Yea, if you’d just send me one of those debit cards, I could buy my mother that nice suit.

I have copied everyone in my address book. I am asking them to send this to everyone in their address books. This is the reality of our social welfare system. It must stop.

Suzzette Chapman
223 W. Mockingbird Lane
Harker Heights, Texas 76548
What self righteous bullshit.

I understand the anger to some extent, but with fucking $250 million bridges connecting a small town to an island of 50 people, with politicians getting paid golfing trips to Scotland, with tax cuts in the billions aimed at those with the most money, whether they earned it or not, I think I'm gonna give hurricane victims a pass on this one. Yeah, it’s wrong, but fuck it, waaaay biger fish to fry. They should have put some restrictions on the cards, but they didn’t and now we get to blame the people instead of the government. This lady is probably a Bush supporter anyways. You voted for an idiot and you get idiotic results. BIG SHOCK. Fucking people.

Oh, and we know who “the people” are in this case. Black people. I can read between the lines, honky. You hate black people. This gives you a way to express it without actually sounding racist. You don't fool me, Whitey.

Besides, this is a country swimming in debt. I bet the people complaining about this have huge credit card debts and probably don’t manage their money wisely. But give an American a chance to point a finger or kick someone when their down, they usually oblige. It's easier than facing up to your own shortcomings.

Ok, Archie Bunker, you may get back to your whining now.

No comments:

Post a Comment