10.20.2005

Who Gets Fired First?

Associated Press (10/20/2005):
Top White House aides Karl Rove and I. Lewis ''Scooter" Libby discussed their contacts with reporters about an undercover CIA officer in the days before her identity was published, the first known intersection between two central figures in the criminal leak investigation.
Scott McClellan (White House Spokesperson)(10/10/2003):
Those individuals (Karl Rove and Scooter Libby) -- I talked -- I spoke with those individuals, as I pointed out, and those individuals assured me they were not involved in this. And that's where it stands.
Obviously, both of these things cannot be true. Someone is lying. Lying is unethical. So when President Bush said this:
We must remember the high standards that come with high office. This begins careful adherence with the rules. I expect every member of this administration to stay well within the boundaries (that) define legal and ethical conduct. No one in the White House should be afraid to confront the people they work for over ethical concerns, and no one should hesitate to confront me as well. (07/22/2001)
...was he lying too? If not, who gets fires first, Rove, Libby, or McClellan?

No comments:

Post a Comment