6.21.2006

Optimism

For the last 7 years, June 21st has been a shitty day. For as long as I live, June 21st will be a shitty day.

So, now that it's almost over, instead of wallowing in my own negativity, I'm going to make myself feel better by watching something that gave me chills, and made me feel good about our country and our future. Like a Chixdiggit song, this never fails to make me feel good.

Ladies and gentleman, I bring you your future President, Barack Obama, speaking at the 2004 Democratic National Convention. It's long (18 minutes), but it's one of the best speeches I've ever seen. You owe it to yourself to watch this. I actually teared up when I watched it live, out of love for my country, if you can believe that. The only negative is the realization that Barack is not yet President. Patience...


Get this video and more at MySpace.com

No comments:

Post a Comment