7.24.2006

Your First Place San Diego Padres!!

So I attended Sunday's Padres-Giants game, where the Padres came back from an eighth inning deficit to tie the game, and then win it in extra innings. The win put the Padres in first place in the National League West.*

It was my first chance to explore Insert-Phone-Company-Here Ballpark, and it is a fantastic place, and very conducive to walking around. . I love Petco in San Diego, but the proximity to the Bay gives AT&T the edge.

My only complaint was the emphasis on kid's stuff in the outfield. I understand why they do it, but I don't like it. If you're going to bring your kid to the game, bond with him or her, explain the game. Don't pawn them off on a playground.








*Okay, I'm choosing to ignore the fact that coming into the four game series, the Padres had a 2 1/2 game lead on the Giants. They lost the first three games to drop out of first place, and had to win Sunday in order to regain the lead. So all in all, a shitty series. But, you know me, I'm a very positive person, and try not to focus on the negative.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous19:20

    Go Giants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like a nice stadium, but I have yet to see it. I pretty much hate baseball until the playoffs, so I can't really find any reason to go...

    ReplyDelete