8.25.2006

The Legend Of Booger

Last week I watched Better Off Dead for the first time in over 15 years. I completely forgot that Booger was in it. You know Booger- the slob from Revenge of the Nerds? Well, he also plays a slobby dude in Better Off Dead. And, although an IMDB search shows that he, actual name Curtis Armstrong, has been in a shitload of movies, the only other thing I remember him in was the TV show Moonlighting, where he played, guess what? A slob! Go figure.

Poor guy. Basically, in the 80's his roles evolved from this:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


To this:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

To this:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

What a wide and varied career! What range! How he has no Oscars I have no idea.

I kid Booger, for he must be doing something right. Revenge Of The Nerds was a good flick (at least the first one), Better Off Dead was even better (okay 15 years later- a little cheesy, but c'mon, it was 1985) , and Moonlighting was the shit until Bruce Willis and Cybill Sheppard humped.

So DeNiro he is not, but in the world of slob type casting, Curtis Armstrong reigns supreme.

1 comment:

  1. I love him in Better off Dead. I haven't seen that in a few years either.

    I want my two dollars!!!

    ReplyDelete