12.13.2006

The Editors On Obama

Obama is my man (my prediction: he ends up VP with Wes Clark), but The Editors, as usual, makes a good point.
Obama can’t win. He’s a born politician, and perhaps a bit more besides, but can we take a moment to be slightly serious? Obama sounds like a Scary Arab and apparently dresses like a Scary Arab *, too. Also, Obama is black. Further, Obama is a black Yankee who is way smarter than you, more charming than you, nicer than you, better looking than you, and could probably seduce your wife, you daughter, and your mom, in front of you, at Christmas dinner, in five minutes flat. Obama is approximately one pair of assless chaps away from being the Sum of All Cracker Fears, which means you can forget about winning the South at least. I wish it weren’t so, I would be so proud of America if Obama got elected and then proved it weren’t so, but it is so. It is so fucking so.

2 comments:

  1. I guess an African American vP is a step. I still think he has a chance. how about him and Hillary?

    ReplyDelete
  2. a black man and a woman? baby steps, my friend. That's why I think Wes Clark is the strategic way to win. Not the ideal candidate, but I think his military background will appeal to a lot of on-the-fencers, then we sneak in Obama as VP, get him some experience on the world stage, and then in '12 who knows. Machiavellian? Yeah. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete