1.08.2007

Ass Whoopin'

Some final thoughts on College Football 2006-7.

Now that Florida put the final nail into the whole Ohio State - Michigan debate, will someone please agree with my thesis the the Big-10 is vastly overrated while the Pac 10 is underrated? I hate to play the "who beat who" game, but USC's losses came to middle of the pack teams in the "soft" Pac-10. Their non-conference schedule? No one came close to beating them:

Arkansas: 50-14
Nebraska: 28-10
Notre Dame: 44-24
Michigan: 32-16

I am NOT arguing that USC belonged in the championship game, they blew their chance (although I do think they'd beat Florida), I'm just asking for all of the "experts" to pay a little more attention to football played west of the Rockies. Your East Coast bias reeks of 1988. With scholarships being spread out more, more teams are competitive, and you need to get out of your traditional thinking.

Before tonights game I was going to predict a Florida win, due solely to the "experts" who had already given Ohio State the national championship. Man, is that shit irritating. Florida came into the season ranked #8, and lost only one game to a decent Auburn team. Yet, by the ways the "experts" discussed the game, you'd have thought that Florida was a 1-12 Division II school.

Also, while I find focusing on coaches pretty boring, Urban Meyer is the man. He kicked ass at Bowling Green and nobody paid any attention. He kicked even more ass at Utah, where in 2004 they pre-Boise State'd Boise State, going 12-0 and winning a BCS game. And two years later, Florida wins the national championship. He's pretty obviously the best coach in college football.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, but I am still pissed my Wolverines got punked!

    ReplyDelete