6.27.2007

Impeach Cheney

When I first read that Dick Cheney was of the opinion that the office of the Vice President was not a part of the Executive Branch, I thought it was a joke. I mean, that's just crazy talk. Well, when it turned out to be true, it got me thinking. A lot of the crap Cheney has pulled is absolutely horrifying, but it's always been the sort of stuff he can get away with since the people outraged, meaning people who pay attention to politics as a hobby and/or profession, do not constitute a population big enough to really matter. But when you have the balls to start asserting things about the basic structure of our form of government as laid out in the Constitution, things a fifth grader knows, then you've become a dangerous threat. A lot of us have always believed this, but this latest episode makes it so clear that something must be done.

Impeach Dick Cheney.

I don't say this as some rhetorical device to show how fed up I am. I am serious. Congress needs to man up and ITMFA.

2 comments:

  1. Constitutionally, the Vice President presides over the proceedings of impeachment of the Vice President.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Article II, Section 4:

    The President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

    I'll settle for treason.

    ReplyDelete