8.09.2007

Violation

Deadspin has this post about AJ Gass, linebacker for a CFL team, who was suspended fro throwing another dude's helmet after an opponent put the crush on his "entire package". According to Gass, "People think I flipped out for no reason, but I took the ball crushing. He violated me." Indeed, AJ, indeed.

I only mention this because AJ Gass is a former Fresno State Bulldog and when I was at Fresno State he lived in the apartment across from mine on Bulldog Lane. He knew I was into punk and was always pushing some crappy SoCal band called Long Tall Sally on me, trying to get me to play it on my radio show. I didn't like them, but I appreciated the effort. Oh, he also made one of the most brutal hits I've ever seen live to break up a pass.

Anyways, AJ seemed like a good guy who didn't deserved to have his balls crushed.

So, be warned: Bulldogs will not tolerate having their balls crushed. You crush our balls, you get your helmet thrown. Them's the rules. Way to represent Bulldog nation, AJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment