10.15.2007

Sportz R Weird

I've been watching sports my whole life, and I really can't recall a time when I've witnessed the things I'm currently witnessing. To wit:

The New England Patriots.

I've seen teams go 6-0 before, but never have I seen a team dominate like the Pats have to get to 6-0. I was a little embarrassed when the Patriots destroyed the Chargers, but now I see it's par for the course. I don't think they will go undefeated, but up to this point, I have never seen anything like the 2007 Patriots.

The Colorado Rockies

I could be wrong, but I don't think I can recall a team in my baseball viewing years winning 20 of their last 21 games. And if I'm wrong, I'm quite sure it wasn't at the end of the year and into the playoffs. What the Rockies are doing is unbelievable. My excitement for the Rockies is someone tempered by the fact that the organization wears it's Christianity on it's sleeve, and seems to think God gives a fuck about baseball, but hey, 20 out of 21, who you gonna argue with? But I must ask, if God is really steering the Rockies, why would he/she eliminate THE PADRES? You know, the team with a friar for a mascot?

NCAA Football


Appalachian State beats Michigan. Stanford beats USC. Every week is filled with upsets in the top 10. I highly doubt Ohio State, South Florida, or Boston College will finish the season unbeaten. I just can't remember a time when things were this topsy turvy in college football.

You know what this all means, right? Now that I've blogged it, the Patriots lose next week, the Rockies get eliminated, and Ohio State does go undefeated.

1 comment:

  1. Well, didn't take long for that South Florida loss...

    ReplyDelete