3.14.2008

friday rant

Not in a good mood today. I need to let off some steam.

Obama's Minister

Are you fucking kidding me? First he was a "secret Muslim", and now you don't like his Christian pastor? Make up your goddamned mind.

Obama gets raked over the coals because of some stupid shit his pastor said, yet McCain gets a free ride for seeking and getting the endorsement of John Hagee who has said some equally stupid shit? For instance:
"I believe that New Orleans had a level of sin that was offensive to God, and they were recipients of the judgment of God for that."

"As millions of people anticipate the release of the latest Harry Potter book and film, we're reminded once again of Satan's ongoing attempt to deceive and destroy. The whole purpose of the Potter books is to desensitize readers and introduce them to the occult."

(referring to Catholicism)
"A Godless theology of hate that no one dared try to stop for a thousand years produced a harvest of hate."
Why does John McCain hate New Orleans, Catholics, and Harry Potter?

Now, I don't think McCain believes what Hagee believes, and I know Obama doesn't believe what his pastor says....so where's the fucking controversy? Seriously, all this bullshit makes me want an agnostic president more than ever.

Elliot Spitzer

Elliot Spitzer is a grade-A hypocrite, and he should resign in disgrace.

Oh, he did?

End of story for me. Let him and his wife deal with the fallout, it's none of my business. I mean I get the need for a couple of days of snickering and curiosity, but I certainly I don't need to psychoanalyze his wife's grief and I don't need to know everything about the call girl.

Y'allz a buncha perverts.

Also, I know this is not a new thought or anything, but it does make you wonder why it is illegal to get paid for something that it's completely legal to give away.

Geraldine Ferrero

She's an idiot. She may not be a racist, but what she said sure was. What the fuck country has she been living in where someone is "lucky" to be black? He wouldn't be where he is if he wasn't black? Let's take another look.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Yeah, I can see how being black is a huge advantage.

George Bush

Here's what he said on Thursday to soldiers in Afghanistan:
"I must say, I'm a little envious," Bush said. "If I were slightly younger and not employed here, I think it would be a fantastic experience to be on the front lines of helping this young democracy succeed."

"It must be exciting for you ... in some ways romantic, in some ways, you know, confronting danger. You're really making history, and thanks," Bush said.
Oh the fucking balls on this guy! Most of us support the mission in Afghanistan. In fact, we might be a little farther along if not for the clusterfuck known as Iraq. So I get that you want to praise them. But to make it about YOU? Someone who chose NOT to fight in Vietnam? To suddenly lament that YOU can't fight now takes cajones grande. Or stupidity. I'm betting stupidity. Thousands of American soldiers are dead, George, apparently because you are a hopeless romantic. The sad part is that you actually believe this crap, you don't see the hypocrisy in it, and you probably sleep well at night. Asshole.

End rant. I feel much better now.




No comments:

Post a Comment