5.26.2008

over my head

This is a joke, right?

On Memorial Day, a day in which we honor those soldiers who died in battle, Christopher Hitchens decides to write an article about a waiter daring to pour wine during one of his stories? THE OUTRAGE!

This is the same Christopher Hitchens who promotes the war in Iraq with fervor, and then belittles anyone who doesn't see things his way. Really? On Memorial Day he has nothing to say to the families of the 4,083 soldiers who have died fighting the war he champions so regularly?

It's either a joke that I'm not getting, some sort of misguided parable, or Hitchens is somehow a bigger asshole than I've ever imagined. I didn't think it was possible, but I'm going with the latter.

Enjoy your wine, Chris. Slate, you must be very proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment