5.24.2008

public transportation



Well, gas is $4 a gallon, whether the president knows or not, so I'm trying to figure out a way to prevent all my disposable income from going to filling up the ol' Saab. Maybe it's time to start taking advantage of the San Diego Metropolitan Transportation System.

So, let's see, I live pretty close to work, maybe I can start taking the bus. First let's see the route I drive every day.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Which translates to:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I realize it will take a bit longer by taking the bus, but we all need to make little sacrifices, right? So let me go the the SDMTS trip planner and see how they can help me get to work:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Oh yeah, that's totally gonna happen. An hour fifteen minutes AND $7 (!) AND I get to walk a mile (thanks for looking out for my health, MTS), compared to 7 minutes and maybe 75 cents. Where do I sign up?

San Diego Metropolitan Transit System: Making $4 Gas Look Quite Reasonable Since 1975.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous00:57

    Depending on the time of day you could take the 960 Kearny Mesa Express which takes 9min and ~0.5 miles of walking. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=4200+adams+ave+ca&daddr=4500+viewridge++ave+ca&dirflg=r&date=5%2F27%2F08&time=7am

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:20

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:21

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:22

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete