6.23.2008

george carlin tribute recap

Deadspin, Shutdown Corner, and Kissing Suzy Kolber (all sports blogs) obviously go with Carlin on the differences between baseball and football.



Boing Boing and Radar have the updated 1978 version of the 'seven words'.



Sadly, No! posted the evolution and pussification of language.



There are obviously tributes everywhere, plus, duh, Youtube, these just happen to be the ones that arrived in my Google Reader account.

I will just say that George Carlin is my all-time favorite comedian and early on instilled in me that weird combination of cynicism and humor. I can honestly say that George Carlin had an enormous role in shaping the way that I, as well as thousands (millions?) of others, see the world.

Thanks for everything, George.

Fuckin' Joey, my eye!, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment