7.10.2008

recycle or die

Atrios laments the state of recycling in his fair city (Philly) which gives me the opportuinty to lament the state of recycling in mine (San Diego).

I have a big blue recycling bin. So I thought I was being an upstanding citizen by throwing anything with a "recycle" symbol into the recycle bin. Makes sense, no?

Well I have some particle board, and I wasn't sure if it could be recycled, So I went to the City Of San Diego recycling website, where I learned I was doing it all wrong.

Apparently, at least in San Diego, you cannot recycle:
  • Milk cartons
  • Juice boxes
  • Plastic bags
  • Plastic cups
  • Plastic utensils
  • Plastic pots
  • Styrofoam
  • Yogurt cups
  • Cottage cheese containers
  • Sour cream containers
...even if the packaging says to recycle. Wha?



No comments:

Post a Comment