9.18.2008

stressed?

Funny, I moved to San Diego in part because I feel less stressed here. Guess, others do not agree.

America's Most Stressful Cities:

10. Philadelphia, PA
9. Providence, R.I.
8. Salt Lake City, Utah
7. Cleveland, Ohio
6. San Diego, Calif.
5. San Francisco, Calif.
4. Los Angeles, Calif.
3. Detroit, Mich.
2. New York, N.Y.
1. Chicago, Ill.
At No. 6, San Diego was the most unexpected city on our list. How could a laid-back beach town be stressful? Well, it's got the fifth least affordable housing of the 40 major metro areas surveyed, a 6.4% unemployment rate and car-happy residents paying $3.81 for a gallon of gas. But, they don’t let those numbers get them down. Pleasant weather and beautiful beaches contribute to a serotonin-soaked attitude that appears to take the edge off of tough times.
What exactly are they saying? We're not stressed, but we should be? This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. But, most of these Forbes ranking/survey things seem to be complete horseshit, anyways. With what's going on on Wall Street, I'm not sure I would trust anyone in the financial field's judgment on anything 

No comments:

Post a Comment