3.16.2009

trepan nation - sxe ep (1997)

This post requires a disclaimer.

This whole posting 7"'s thing is just a thing I'm doing a) to share some stuff I have that I don't see anywhere else on the tubes, b) to catalog my own collection, and c) because it's an excuse to finally convert my vinyl to mp3. I have never claimed it was all going to be good shit.

Trepan Nation was a late 90's straight edge band from Chicago. Like Limp Wrist, they were more straight up punk than the whole metal-core shit that was going on in the 90's SxE scene. The comparisons to Limp Wrist end there, though, as Limp Wrist is awesome, and this is, well, honestly, not.

Now I feel like an ass.

This isn't horrible. There.

Myspace 

  1. SxE
  2. Fists In Faces
  3. Half A Fag
DOWNLOAD 'SxE'

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree with your assessment more.

    To save you the hassle of ripping clearly sub-par stuff, it's all here for the taking.

    http://www.barnaclepress.com/TN/

    ExMikeEx, formerly of Trepan Nation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now my can't write-a-song-nor-play an-instrument ass feels like a jerk x 1000. I probably should have mentioned that I really, really did like the full length!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Busted talking shit! Stabbed us all in the fucking back!

    Whatever, yo. I was stoked to see it turn up on a blog at all, and I definitely concur that we were no Limp Wrist! We're punks, with the self-effacing "got no talent, but we're gonna do it anyway" ethos that makes punk so fucking inspiring to me. No harm, no foul.

    I've enjoyed reading your stuff here, especially the DFW post. My ex was one of his students at the outset of his teaching career, and he was a fascinating and brilliant guy. Reading his comments on her work is revelatory, and I'm always on the lookout when I see folks talking about him. So good on ya.

    All the same, watch your back in the pit, G: I can't take all this shit for very much longer.

    Dig it,
    Holmes!

    ReplyDelete