5.14.2009

the road



No Country For Old Men was rad because the movie was as close to the book as you could possibly get. Some scenes were exactly as I pictured them in the book. And how could you not cast Tommy Lee Jones at the sheriff?

I zipped through The Road as fast as I did NCFOM. As I was reading it, I thought it too would make an awesome movie. I just figured no one would, since it would have to speak more through mood and scenery than dialogue. But the trailer gives me hope. The only thing that has me worried is Charlize Theron. I hope they didn't expand the role of the wife and/or try to explain what happened in too much detail. The vagueness of what precipitated the journey was one of the selling points.

But still, I think I'm excited.

[filmdrunk]

No comments:

Post a Comment