6.03.2009

conan commercials

I watched the first night of Conan on the Tonight Show, and it was alright. Missing a bit of the edge, but I'm sure some punches need to be pulled for that 11:30 slot. I like Conan, but I probably won't be watching much of the Tonight Show. For starters, I have a sentimental attachment to David Letterman. More importantly, though, is that the Daily Show and the Colbert Report have become my late night TV fix.

So you probably know that the Colbert Report goes head to head with the tonight show at 11:30. So why am I seeing promos for Conan during The Daily Show? It's a brilliant move by NBC, but I don't understand how CBS/Viacom (owners of Comedy Central) allows it to happen. Either A) there's a rule that if someone buys ad time and makes a non-offensive ad, you have to air it or B) NBC is paying a shit-ton of money to Comedy Central.

In any case, it's just strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment