8.11.2009

have i mentioned that i don't really care for this sarah palin person?

I would welcome am intellectual debate on health care. I swear, I really would. I'm not at all opposed to honest debate. But instead we get Sarah Palin braying,

The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's "death panel" so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their "level of productivity in society," whether they are worthy of health care

Death panel? Are you kidding me? I shouldn't have to tell you that nothing even remotely close to that is in the bill. Buy I will anyways. Nothing even remotely close to that is in the bill. That statement is offensive on so many levels, I don't even know where to begin.

So she makes some awful shit up, and then has the balls to say something like,
we must stick to a discussion of the issues and not get sidetracked by tactics that can be accused of leading to intimidation or harassment. Such tactics diminish our nation’s civil discourse which we need now more than ever because the fine print in this outrageous health care proposal must be understood clearly and not get lost in conscientious voters’ passion to want to make elected officials hear what we are saying.

Tactics like, oh, let's say alluding to 'Obama's death panels'? Oh, Sarah, you are a paragon of civil discourse, a true model of virtue. I will follow your example, and refrain from saying anything uncivil, like "Fuck you, Sarah Palin, you lying intellectual lightweight". No, I will not say that, as it would diminish our civil discourse.

For the troops, Sarah, for the troops.



But wait, it gets better. Just when you thought the health care debate could not get any stupider, the esteemed geniuses at Investors Business Daily bust out with

People such as scientist Stephen Hawking wouldn't have a chance in the U.K., where the National Health Service would say the life of this brilliant man, because of his physical handicaps, is essentially worthless.

There must be another brilliant scientist named Stephen Hawking, cuz, like:

Stephen Hawking was born in Oxford. He currently teaches at the University of Cambridge. Oxford and Cambridge have something in common: They're both in England.


Liars and morons, that's the opposition to national health care. And they may win. What a country!

No comments:

Post a Comment