12.08.2009

inherent vice soundtrack



I recently read Thomas Pynchon's Inherent Vice. It's a very fun read, and name drops a plethora of bands and musical artists from the 60's and earlier. Some of the stuff everyone knows (The Beatles, Beach Boys, Pink Floyd, etc). Some of it is quite obscure (Bonzo Dog Band?). And some of it just strange (Tiny Tim). I thought it would be cool to somehow compile a soundtrack to the book. So as I read, I would write down mentions of bands and songs that I would later obtain. But, once I finished the book and went online to research, I found that it wasn't exactly an original idea. A lot of people did the same thing. Even Pynchon himself.

But no one did as thorough of a job as the mystery man who posted the entire soundtrack in a zip file here.  I'm pretty sure he got every song. In order, to boot. Man, someone should really thank that guy for all of his hard work. If he had a girlfriend or fiance, I'm sure he drove her nuts. If it's even a guy. How would I know?

Download it!

EDIT: Links were bad. Now fixed. Be warned, this is a huge file. Over 100 songs, and about 400mb. 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous15:02

    Hi, links are all gone again... Would you happen to have it still lying around? Even the full list of songs would be help enough.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete