6.16.2010

ramones top 10


Paste Magazine posted their list of the Top 10 Ramones songs. They are wrong. These are the actual Top Ten Ramones songs, according to moi.

10.Chinese Rock (originally by The Heartbreakers, but Dee Dee co-wrote)
09. I Don't Wanna Walk Around With You
08. Havana Affair
07. Commando
06. 53rd & 3rd
05. Oh, Oh, I Love Her So
04. Swallow My Pride
03. Sheena Is A Punk Rocker
02. Judy Is A Punk
01.Suzy Is A Headbanger
Yes, this list is top heavy with the first few albums, as it should be. And clearly there are some obvious songs missing (i.e. "Blitzkrieg Bop"), great songs that I've just heard way too many times and have become quite ambivalent about. I'm also not including cover songs. If I did the following would compete for a spot.

7 comments:

  1. a song I absolutely love is Carbona Not Glue, some time in the 90's my dad went to England & found me a copy of Leave Home with it. Up to that point I had only heard of the song. Now Acid Eaters was a poopy album!
    I love the songs I'm Against It as well as Bad Brain, shoot. I need to make my own top 10 list now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually liked Acid Eaters, I liked Adios Amigos as well, especially the songs CJ sung.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is no better! Only one track not from their first few albums.
    Carbona, I'm A Nazi Baby and Bonzo are my top 3.
    and Acid Eaters was fucking awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. although Carbona can be replaced with 53rd & 3rd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit I haven't listened to Acid Eaters since the day it came out, whenever that was... I'm guessing '94. I will relisten to it & if it is bad as I remember it I want you guys to chip in for me to have a MK Ultra session to have the memory scrubbed. If it is good I will let you borrow the record Chicago Is Burning that has the band MK Ultra on it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I loved the couple of songs I've heard from MK Ultra. I should totally post that No More Dick Jokes comp.

    Acid Eaters ain't great, but Journey To The Center of your mind is a kick ass cover, even if Ted Nugent wrote it. I think that one song colored my opinion of the album, cuz nothing else really stands out. Substitute, perhaps. So you may be right. I may be crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roc, I fully admit to being first two albums Ramones bigot. Not that I don't like everything, but the first two are, to quote Bernard Berkman, the fillet of the discography.

    ReplyDelete