9.14.2010

everready - kalifornia (1995 mutant pop)


1995 Mutant Pop re-issue of the 1994 Liquid Meat 7". I have like, five people who pay attention to this blog on a regular basis, and one of them happens to be in the tiny minority of people who love Everready more than me, so I'm not gonna spend too many words on this. I'll just say that the end of Kalifornia is one of my favorite things ever and I hope the Awesome Fest/Fast (MAKE UP YOUR MINDS, ORGANIZERS!) reunion was not a one-time deal.

  1. Kalifornia
  2. I Never Will
  3. Five Words In My Mind
  4. X-You

3 comments:

  1. man I love Everready! I saw them play out @ Pabco RD years ago, it was rad!

    Fairplay was a good album, but weren't they all

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw shit. do you know what this means?

    the awesomefest reunion didn't happen for some personal reasons, but some other good--better?!?--news came out of it.

    Davey said that when they talked about playing again, and getting together to practice, Brian got jazzed about it, and wanted to play again. Essentially, get the band back together, despite never having broken up formally.

    Not only this, but they want to record. They've practiced a handful of times since the last record, (it's been around 10 years since then, methinks) and have a bunch of songs ready to record once they practice and relearn them.

    Davey also said he thought the songs were the best they'd ever written.

    Will keep you posted as things develop.

    Thanks for posting this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, that's excellent news.

    ReplyDelete