4.05.2011

the acrylics - because the world has given up (1995 mindreal records)


Hey, what do you know, a full length rather than a seven inch. This has been requested multiple times over the past year, and I finally got around to getting it posted. The Acrylics were a bunch of teens from Bakersfield (they were probably from like Arvin or Buttonwillow, but growing up in Kings County, anything north of Grapevine and south of Delano = Bakersfield). I first saw them open on a bill at pizza place in Bakersfield. Pretty sure the other bands were Flounder (who became Spazboy), Swingin' Utters, and the Queers. I don't know why I needed to mention that, but I did.

This is good stuff from an unappreciated band.

1 comment:

  1. Is there any way to possibly re upload all The Acrylics stuff .I've been looking forever to find recordings by them . I use to see them in Bakersfield all the time and use to talk to the singer and he would always be asking about how to press a record and finally did and started Mindreal record (which I'm trying to find ) . A re upload would be greatly appreciated . Thank you

    ReplyDelete