8.05.2011

proper gastropub

Proper is a gastropub connected to Petco Park, home of the Padres, in downtown San Diego. I don't think my or my wife's agoraphobia could handle the crowd on a game day, so we checked it out on a night the Padres were not playing.



I ordered the Pub burger. Nothing too fancy, just a real, real, good burger with some real, real good bacon. I was expecting a decent burger, and was still surprised how good it was. The fries chips were pretty amazing as well. I don't eat at a lot of British Pub type places, but Wifey informed me most of them make fries chips this good (God I wish every place had malt vinegar on the table). So, I will probably be going to more British Pub type places.



Black & Tan Mac 'N' Cheese. Made with some fancy cheeses and beers, with tomatoes and bacon mixed in. Obviously it was really good. The cheese sauce could have been a little thicker, but that's a minor squabble. I enjoyed it much more than Wifey.

The convience to Petco cannot be beat, so if you ever head out to a Padres game, you won't have to stray far for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment