12.20.2011

team android for life

Apple Hits Google in Patent Ruling:
Apple 1, Google 0. A federal trade agency ruled Monday that HTC infringed on an Apple patent that allows users to place calls by tapping phone numbers that appear in emails or text messages. The “data tapping” case is a narrow victory for Apple, but it’s the first definitive ruling in the smartphone patent wars—and may be the first of many Apple victories against the Google-crafted Android platform. Apple maintained its original stance against Android in a statement: “We think competition is healthy, but competitors should create their own original technology, not steal ours.”
This is ridiculous. Tapping a phone number on a text message or website to call it belongs to Apple? What a completely unique and totally justified copyright concept! Seriously, what asshats. Exactly why I can't stand Apple. Reminds me of "Aging Orange" by the Vandals, "I invented socks, and I invented gravy, I made up the cotton gin, but no one ever paid me"

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:43

    i totally agree. you couldn't give me a fuckin mac.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As stupid as this may sound...I think the blame here lies with google, not apple. I'm far from an apple fanboy (I'm the other guy that owns a zune!) but googles policy of releasing an OS that steps all over everyone's patents and refusing to even attept to defend their OEMs against these lawsuits (because until they bought Motorola that had nothing to defend with) is just insane.

    My phone...Windows Phone. I wouldn't touch an android with 10ft pole...plus I really believe that this is the best phone I've ever owned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My last phone was a Windows phone, but it was like a Windows Mobile 3.0 phone (HTC Touch Pro). It was crap. I hear the new Windows Phone is much better (and I like the look a whole lot), but I'm afraid Microsoft dragged it's feet in getting serious about mobile phones and tablets. Willing to bet Microsoft will quit the mobile phone software biz within 5 years.

    ReplyDelete