9.02.2009

narcissistic freds - hot pone action (1995 second guess)


This band flew under the radar in the 90's, which is a shame, because they were simply better than most pop-punk band's of the era.

  • Because of their association with Second Guess Records, I always assumed they were from Reno. Turns out, they are from San Antonio, TX.  The more you know...
  • NF sound a lot like Squirtgun, but "Buddy" sounds a lot a lot  like Squirtgun.
  • I can't even begin to tell you how much I love the cover. 
  • "Invisible Man" also appears on the split with Zoinks!, which I have already posted
  • You're welcome.
  1. You Fucked Up
  2. Buddy
  3. Conceit
  4. Invisible Man
  5. Bring 'Em Down

DOWNLOAD 'HOT PONE ACTION'

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, we totally were from Nevada (but we lived in SA for about two years).

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I'm NOT crazy. Loved your band.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I found your site searching for links to the Freds because I just unearthed the entire discography. Weird.

    Did you follow any of the stuff we did after that band? Because some of us went on to do some cool fun stuff you might also like!

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't...I went through a long period where I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to music. Even now, I'm still a few years behind. I'll hear something awesome, and then find out it was released in 2003.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, this is what the bass player (ahem) is up to these days: http://www.blunderbusst.com

    ReplyDelete