1.12.2006

Letterman Is God


After my mom died in 1989, I was obviously going through a rough emotional time. Nothing was the same anymore, and my thoughts veered towards the morbid all the time. In addition to family and friends, one of the people who got my through all that, strangely enough, was David Letterman. No matter how shitty my day was, there Dave was every night, making me laugh with his sarcastic wit. I know a lot of people don't "get" Dave, but man, I sure did. Night after night, Dave sent me to bed in a good mood. This continued for over ten years, and through a lot more death and instability. But a couple of years ago, for unknown reasons, I stopped watching Letterman. Well, I think its about time I rekindle my affections for Dave.
If you haven't caught this already, last week one of Dave's guests was that lying windbag Bill O'Reilly. Instead of kissing O'Reilly's butt, Dave challenged him. The highlight of the exchange was Dave saying, "I have the feeling that about 60 percent of what you say is crap." Dave, that number is waaaaaaay too low, but I love you anyways. I look forward to renewing our relationship.

Watch the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment