8.04.2006

Fear Of Commitment

So I find myself at that place in my life where I know I need some stability. I know what I need to do, but I just can't seem to do it. I want to have a relationship, but the fear of being locked into something long term scares the bejesus out of me. If I want someone new, I like having that freedom. But at the same time, the security of settling down with someone also has its appeal at times.

So tell me, why can't I decide on a cell phone plan?

All I want is a free, kick ass phone (camera would be nice), a plan less than $40 a month, and at the most a one-year contract. I can find the phone with a 2-year contract. I can find the one year contract with an expensive phone. I can't find both.

So, help me find a good plan.

I don't care about coverage areas and customer service. I don't talk on the phone enough to stress about it. I'm currently using Virgin Mobile, which is sort of cool, except that my phone is a piece of shit and, because I'm paying for every minute, I tend to rush and/or avoid conversations on the phone. VM has a new plan that's $34.99 for 300 anytime minutes and 1000 night/weekend minutes. That would probably be enough, but I hate my phone and don't want to buy a new one. But right now that's what I'm leaning towards.

So if you have any advice, lemme know.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous06:56

    Go with the 2 year plan. Time goes by fast and you will be happy with your "free" phone. Really, 2 years is nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got nothing for ya as I have never been thrilled with any of my phones/plans. They do the job, but they are nothing to be to excited about...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just find the whole thing repulsive. I mean 24 months at $40 a month is almost $1000...just to talk on the phone? And then I have to pay to activate it? In fact, that's another new criteria- no activbation charges.

    I'm never gonna end up with a phone, am I?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous15:42

    You have a phone, you just want a better one but you don't want to give in to a commitment of 2 years. Well, stick with your funny little phone.
    It is appalling what the phone providers get but they do get it, if not from you then the next guy.
    Take a deep breath and dive in or just stay on the sand.

    ReplyDelete