11.07.2006

Election Night

Well, it's looking like the drapes can be measured after all.

As a Democrat, I'm really used to defeat, but whatever happens tonight, Santorum is out and the wonderful voters of Minnesota (I am being sincere, not sarcastic) have elected its first Muslim to Congress, so a measure of pride in my country is being restored in me.

UPDATE: Wow, this is nice. Some politicians I really dislike have been defeated. Namely, Rick Santorum and J.D. Hayworth. Both had their asses handed to them. There are still a few out there that haven't been decided yet, namely John Doolittle and Richard Pombo here in California, who are just slimy as fuck. They may hold on, which would lead to the weird situation of me being elated with the rest of the country and disappointed with California.

1 comment:

  1. VICTORY!!! Hope you have recovered from your most likely drunken party celebration.

    ReplyDelete