12.11.2006

Ding Dong Another Witch Is Dead

Due to moving and a temporary graveyard shift at work, I haven't been posting, but since a large part of my life between 1996-2000 was studying the horrors of the authoritarian regime in Chile, I'd thought I'd chime in to say FUCK YES Augusto Pinochet is dead.

It's just too bad he was able to live until the age of 91. Hell is too good for that piece of shit. I hope the families of those who were murdered and disappeared sleep at least a little better tonight. It doesn't bring their loved ones back, but at least they don't have to be subject to the daily humiliation of seeing Pinochet alive.

What a short memory we have. The US was behind the coup that put Pinochet in power (ironically, it happened on September 11), and our government openly supported him, yet you never hear about that in our discussion of tyranny and freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment