8.22.2007

Stranger In A Strange Land

Being a self-professed liberal, working in law enforcement, which is overwhelmingly conservative, often presents ideological challenges that I have to get over. Overall I think I've done a pretty good job dealing with on the job Conservatism without alienating anyone. Furthermore, and I am shocked to say this, but law enforcement is a pretty good match for me.

So now I find myself at the Attorney General's conference. Basically, it's a bunch of cops. I am up to my eyeballs in cops.

The point of all this is that, until today, I was seriously considering shaving my head. Not bald, but that fuzzy, almost-bald thing. It would just be less hassle, and it's not like I have beautiful Fabio locks or anything. My hair is pretty freaking horrible to tell the truth, and the increasing grey isn't helping.

But yeah, a roomful of cops changed my mind real quick. I have done a 180. I am now committed to the full-on hippy Jesus 'do. After today's traumatic overdose of buzz cuts and mustaches, I may never cut my hair again. There was also an overflow of goatee. The only thing saving my goatee is the awful prospect of foisting my double chin on an unsuspecting, unprepared world.

No comments:

Post a Comment