4.30.2009

prejean

In the whole Perez Hilton vs. Carrie Prejean mess, I was one of many liberals who sided with Prejean (and no, not because she's a member of the Pad Squad). I don't agree with her stand on gay marriage, but she's entitled to her opinion. Oh, and Perez Hilton is a douche.

If it had ended there, fine. But of course, it didn't. As it turns out, Perez Hilton was the best thing to happen to her. Now she's a hero to conservatives (not hard to do, see Plumber, Joe The), and is making the media rounds.

The latest on Prejean is that Miss USA paid for her boobs. Ironic, sure, but I don't really care.What bugs me is no she's now a part of this National Organization for Marriage nonsense. That's totally her right. But that her opinion about gay marriage has suddenly morphed into an aggressive campaign against it has quickly turned her from someone I had a little empathy for to someone I cannot stand.

Oh yeah, note to Ms. Marriage is "something that is very dear to my heart": YOU'RE NOT MARRIED.

But at least I finally get the chance to post this:

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
The Colbert Coalition's Anti-Gay Marriage Ad
colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorFirst 100 Days



[warming glow]

No comments:

Post a Comment