5.21.2009

dillinger four / pinhead gunpowder split ep (1999 adeline records)

What could be more brave
Than dancing on your own grave?

I've already covered how much I love Dillinger Four. They've failed to put out a bad song ever, and these two are not exceptions.

The Pinhead Gunpowder side is almost as good though, as you might expect from an Aaron Cometbus band. "At Your Funeral" is my favorite song of theirs ever.

BTW this EP  sowed the seed for my D4-Green Day conspiracy theory. You know that Billie Joe is in Pinhead Gunpowder and runds Adeline Records? Good. So it's save to say D4 and Billie Joe, if not all of Green Day, are friends. OK. So. I stopped listening to Green Day long ago.  Yes, because I'm like that.

So one day, I borrow my sisters car. Sh she had American Idiot in the CD player, so I checked it out. I was shocked. On at least half the songs, if I just imagined Paddy or Billy singing, it was Dillinger Four. To this day, I maintain that D4 are getting secret royalties from that album.  This is just the most obvious example:



And yes, Tupac is still alive, why do you ask?

  1. D4 - Are You The Motherfucker With The Banana?
  2. D4 - Thanks For Nothing, Part II: The Revenge
  3. PG - At Your Funeral
  4. PG - Porch Song
  5. PG- Second Street




DOWNLOAD 'DILLINGER FOUR / PINHEAD GUNPOWDER'

No comments:

Post a Comment