5.14.2009

the joke's on you

The Daily Beast links to a WSJ story about Obama's joke at ASU's commencement. Obama:
"I do think we all learned an important lesson," Obama said. "I learned to never again pick another team over the Sun Devils in my NCAA bracket. It won't happen again. President Crow and Board of Regents will soon learn all about being audited by the IRS."

My take, and I'm assuming the take of most sane people: pretty funny.

The take of a couple Daily Beast commenters:
Obama's bullying continues....if you don't play his game, he sends his thugs out to get you.
Even in jest, a threat is still a threat, IRS is serious stuff, there's nothing classy about that. To say he will never pick another team is silly and I don't believe him, he's pandering too hard. ASU is right, Obama had a slick election with secret monies, but that's about it for accomplishments.

Oh, it's gonna be a fun four years.

Oh, and also...

The Daily Show With Jon StewartM - Th 11p / 10c
Arizona State Snubs Obama
thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Economic CrisisPolitical Humor


(Comedy Central's video embedding code is one of the most ridiculous things I have seen)

No comments:

Post a Comment