6.22.2009

palapa charbroiled chicken

I found myself in Chula Vista recently, so I figured I'd use the opportunity to hit up a place I read about on a San Diego food blog - Palapa Charbroiled Chicken.

It feels kind of like a nice taco shop, but instead of burritos, they have an extensive menu of wraps (as well as smoothies, fruit salad, licuados, etc). Now, I have no idea what the difference between a burrito and a wrap actually is. My "California Wrap" consisted of a tortilla, chicken, cheese, potatoes, and salsa. But I guess since it was a wrap, and not a burrito, it was healthy, right?


Whatever you wanna call it, it was great. Everything tasted very fresh, and the tortilla (a make or break item for me), was excellent.

Palapa has many different hot sauces to choose from. But the one I gravitated to was the one pictured. I don't know what it was called, but it was practically all seeds. Even though I like my sauce very hot, this scared the hell out of me. But it was not as hot as it appeared. It was actually very flavorful. I need to find out what kind of peppers were used, because it was awesome.

They also have 99 cent fish tacos that kick ass. I don't know what's going on with all the really good 99 cent fish tacos (El Zarape, Mariscos German, etc), but I am certainly not complaining.


Palapa is definitely worth a visit if you find yourself in Chula Vista.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment