6.25.2009

the proms - bubble bath (1997 mutant pop)


If pop-punk existed in the 50's, this is what it would sound like.

If I were to make a list of the most overlooked punk albums of the 90's, The Proms first full-length would definitely be in the top 10. If I were to make that same list for singles, this might be on it as well. It blows my mind that nobody knows anything about this band.

My only complaint is that the 7" is really fuzzy sounding, and it's not my record player's fault. I worked some Audacity noise-removal magic, hopefully it didn't degrade the music too much.

Bassist Josh Yakunich would later play with the Beatnik Termites.
  1. Spike A-Da Punch
  2. Rock All Night
  3. Like Like Like
  4. She's Coming Over

lastfm


DOWNLOAD 'BUBBLE BATH'

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous19:46

    Eddy Prom is the coolest! I wonder what he's up to nowadays?

    ReplyDelete
  2. natey prom is better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:11

    Odd...Joshy Prom always floats my boat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:00

    waaoh whats that bright thing

    ReplyDelete