7.07.2009

the al franken decade

I guess because I was such an avid listener of The Al Franken Show on Air America, I assumed that everybody already knew that Al Franken is an extremely intelligent guy who has a deep understanding of public policy issues. It appears that I was wrong - a lot of people seem to equate Franken with Jesse Ventura, believing that he got elected on solely because of his fame and not his knowledge of the issues. Even Democratic senators from Minnesota are guilty of this. (I am pretty certain that Klobuchar actually appeared on the show, so she really should know better)

The Al Franken Show was very funny. But it was also very smart. It was the most serious discussion of politics on the radio outside NPR.  Yet he is eclipsed by the shadow of Stuart Smalley. Ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment