1.07.2010

fire norv!

Barely beating the Redskins? What the hell?

Of course, I'm kidding. It's no secret that I was hard on Norv early this year, and in years past. I'm not going to say I was wrong, because, well, he did make some horrendous, head-scratching decisions that cost the Chargers some wins. He was outcoached frequently. Those things actually happened. They were not false memories.

But I was probably wrong to call for his head. Since week six, I have seen a completely different Chargers team than in the rest of Norv's tenure. Two basic things happened: 1) The team played up to expectations, and 2) Norv outcoached every single opponent. The former obviously affected the latter. I don't know what happened. But it happened. And now my feelings for Norv done a 180. If the Chargers want to give him an extension, I'm fine with that. I can hardly believe I typed that. But it's true.

Oh, and I'm not one of those guys who is not satisfied until the Chargers get a Super Bowl ring. All I want is a chance. Getting to the playoffs is all I need to be happy. That's why I was so upset when Marty was let go. But now I actually feel comfortable with Norv, his play calling, and his relationship with the team.

Norv has my respect. He earned it.

Go Chargers!

No comments:

Post a Comment