5.03.2010

times square

Regarding the attempted Times Square bombing, The Daily Beast has the following headline:

Now, I would never advise underestimating the will and capabilities of any terrorist group. But when a "global plot" results in this:

The car contained three propane tanks, fireworks, two five gallon gasoline containers, two clocks with batteries, electrical wires and a 4ft by 2ft metal box.
then I think that anti-terrorism efforts in this country and abroad deserve some credit.  Of course I'm not advocating complacency, but when the latest sinister plot involves buying a car off of Craigslist and then heading to Home Depot, Chinatown, and AM/PM, I'm thinking maybe the terrorist capabilities have been weakened.  I'd be embarrassed to claim credit for that plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment