12.12.2018

What Are You Looking At? Comp (1996 Switchblade Records)


What Are You Looking At? (CD, Compilation) album cover

I. A couple of readers have recently sent me stuff in digital and physical form. I really appreciate it, and will get it all up eventually. I don't like to post more than one album a day, and I have my own stuff I wanna get posted, so be patient, and thank you again.

II. Back in the day I had a boatload of CD's and records stolen, and this comp (along with a few more upcoming comps) were among them. So I was very glad to see this in the care package I recently received from reader JN. I'm guessing on the year of release here, but 96 sounds about right, as I think it was the release after Link 80 / Subincision split (if you go to Discogs to verify, please know that I made that submission).

Anyways, great comp with a mix of straight ahead punk and pop punk. Personal faves on this are the tracks from the Teen Idols (duh), The Boils, and The Halflings (I had this song on a mixtape for years and could not figure out who sung it until tonight!). VBJ disagrees and knows that Buglite is the standout here.
  1. Teen Idols - Come Dance With Me
  2. Rumblers - Ride Johnny Ride
  3. Link 80 - Verbal Kint
  4. Halflings - One Thousand Teardrops
  5. Beautys - Goldslobber
  6. Grumpies - Dime
  7. Tunnel Rats - I Love Young Cunt
  8. Boils - Wake Me When It's Done
  9. Sonic Dolls - I'm Not Giving Up
  10. Phuzz - Well I Know?
  11. Buglite - Twenty-One Days

No comments:

Post a Comment