1.04.2019

The Neighbors - S/T (1994 Delux Records)













I've discussed the Neighbors before. They remain very high on my list of favorite San Diego bands, so I was very excited when reader Marcel sent me a digital version of this rare tape. It was sent to me as a demo, but it has a label affiliation, so I don't know...call it what you want. All songs would later appear on the We Refuse To Kiss Ass album, but these early versions are different enough (Kenny doesn't have quite the vocal fury that would come later) to make it an interesting listen. There's kind of an abrupt start to "Soul", but I'm pretty sure that's how the tape came.

Also more bands should do protracted instrumental intros like the Neighbors do on "Broken Dreams" and "Sometimes."

  1. Unanswered
  2. Broken Dreams & Canceled Plans
  3. Soul
  4. Second Hand Man
  5. Where's My Fun
  6. Nothing Has Changed
  7. Forgotten Problems
  8. The Game
  9. Wed
  10. Wear My Corpse
  11. Sometimes
  12. Mud Dweller

DL

No comments:

Post a Comment