1.18.2021

The Acrylics - Throw It To Lucas (1995 Charity Records)

This probably sounds like a million other teenage snotty punk bands from the 90's to you, but this band holds a special place in my heart. They were from Bakersfield, about an hour and a half from where I grew up in California's Central Valley. If you're not from California, then you may not know that, geographically, most of the state is Arkansas, politically. So it's always nice to see Valley bands doing the thing. This is the first thing they put out, and they were still finding their footing. I still like it plenty, but check out their split with Crosswalk and especially their full-length (which I don't think I ever got around to posting) for the more aggressive sound they ended up with. "I Wanna Go To The Prom With You" may sound familiar, as it was on the illustrious "Swimming In The Secret C" comp. 

Things I didn't know until now, or maybe knew but forgot I knew: Singer Zach was in Vendetta Red

  1. Hate Your Guts
  2. I'm So Glad She's Mine
  3. What Are You So Angry For?
  4. I Wanna Go To The Prom With You

DL

2 comments:

  1. I had known Zac before The Acylics and they were a great band to see live (which was mainly at Jerry's Pizza) I remember Zac asking me if I had any clues on starting a record label or getting records pressed , and I'm glad he followed thru with it even it was short lived . Glad to see that people still listen to them .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the blog I do and this post was just of bands from Bakersfield http://undertheredandblackflag.blogspot.com/2019/01/this-is-bako-motherfuckers.html

    ReplyDelete