9.17.2005

Talk - Action = Nothing

By the way, I should mention, I don’t want to always critical of the President. I want to have a President I can be proud of. It’s not like some point of pride that I’m anti-Bush. I don’t get a high out of making snide comments. Okay, maybe a little one. And I don’t need for him to become a liberal for me to stop bashing him. Okay, yes I would. But man, doing the right thing once in a while would go a long way for me. He’s like 0 for 6542 on issues that matter. Even Nixon started the Environmental Protection Agency, the National Endowment for the Arts, and opened up relations with China. Bush’s speech the other night had a lot of things I would normally support, but his credibility is so shot I don’t believe a word of it. Here’s to hoping his popularity is so destroyed that it frees him up to try a new approach which encompasses some minute portion of progressive thinking.

That wasn’t even a joke. I want my country to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment