2.13.2008

there will be blood

I finally went to see There Will Be Blood and, I liked it a lot. Like most PT Anderson movies, it's going to take a few viewings to really understand what the movie was "really" about.

DeNiro may be my favorite actor, but I don't think there is much debate that Daniel Day-Lewis is probably the best actor out there. He's simply amazing. He now has three of the most memorable roles I've ever seen (My Left Foot and his role in Gangs of New York being the others).

I do have one MAJOR complaint. The soundtrack. Simply awful. In my opinion, silence would have been the way to go. There were some shots where it the soundtrack worked, such as the opening scene, but generally, it just got in the way and became a distraction. I guess Radiohead's Jonny Greenwood is getting all sorts of praise for the soundtrack, but I found it to be the movies only flaw.

I'll put this at number three for 2007. Behind No Country For Old Men and King of Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment