5.20.2017

Turning Eagles Into Vultures

So Chris Cornell is gone.

I'm not going to pretend I was the biggest Soundgarden fan in the world, but for a while in the late 80's - early 90's, I was definitely a very big fan.

It's true, I was one of those guys. Loved them up through Badmotorfinger, but then they got really popular, so of course my fondness for them had to be crushed. Although the rationale was dumb, it was what is was and I was far from the only kid with that mindset. Point being, post-Badmotorfinger, I am pretty unfamiliar with anything beyond the hits. I have never heard an Audioslave song, and honestly, prefer to keep it that way (that elitist kid still lives on inside me).

I really did love that early stuff though. For me, Louder Than Love was the high watermark, and "Gun" was the high point (followed closely by "Hands All Over").


But if I needed to clear a room, nothing beat "Beyond the Wheel".



Great singer, seemed like a great guy. R.I.P.


No comments:

Post a Comment