9.15.2018

Swerve - Sugarfix (1996 New Renaissance)

Sugarfix (CD, Album) album cover



So when I bought this, I thought it was, in the words of Tesco Vee, one of "those ultra-hip, one-syllable bands like Live, Lush, Beck, Swirl, Blur" but nope, it's yet another unheralded, forgotten (though they did re-unite last year  mid-90's San Diego band that you'll find in our local thrift stores.

The older I get, the harder it is for me to make genre classifications. Alternative? Power Pop? I dunno. They refer to themselves as "Surf Power-Pop" so lets go with that. If I were to make a comparison, I'd say a poppier version of Dig.

"Right Today" is the standout track here. 


  1. Radio Swerve
  2. Right Today
  3. I Know A Girl
  4. You Say
  5. Dime
  6. What You Wanted
  7. Hey Hey
  8. No One
  9. The Butter Flies
  10. Once Again
  11. Sugar Fix
  12. Noit Peced (Live)





No comments:

Post a Comment