12.17.2018

The Conservatives - This Album Is A Sovereign Nation (1998 Sonic Swirl / City Of Romance)













In my opinion, pound for pound, Minneapolis is the finest punk rock city the country. But Drew Carey and the Rock 'N Roll Hall Of Fame be damned, Cleveland is definitely in that conversation. The Conservatives live up to their city's storied legacy. This sucker rips from beginning to end. Hard to pigeonhole. Has a certain swagger that reminds me of the New Bomb Turks (lazy Ohio comparison, I know) and even The Bronx at times. "City Of Romance" channels Blatz's "Lullaby" to an interesting effect. This looks to be the only thing they've done, which is a damned tragedy.

1 Jackology
2 T.V. Baby
3 Los Alamos Lab Technician
4 Sex Mad
5 Boxes
6 Girlfriend
7 City Of Romance
8 My Life
9 Eloquent
10 Parallax View
11 I Wanna Be Zero
12 Makin' Moves
13 Jaywalker

DL

No comments:

Post a Comment